These shocks were pretty much seized when I bought the bike. But as I worked them up and down, they gradually loosened up. So I knew they weren’t completely frozen. Which was a little bit of a bummer as I was looking forward to making a video of breaking them loose. maybe next time! But they were still really stiff and didn’t move much. So I took them apart, cleaned and lubed them and put them back together. Fortunately all the parts including the elastomers were in good shape. They just needed to be cleaned, lubed and general maintenance. The bike is an Iron Horse MT500R.
The extra long hex socket I used was part of this set:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.